Self Assessment

Classroom Freebies Manic Monday



With our new teacher evaluation system we must have scales posted and check with our students during lessons  for their own evaluation of their learning. It's a basic "fist to five" scale, but I don't have my kids rate themselves as "zero" -- to me it's an "I give up" response. This was our first year with this system and I tried to put the generic scale into kid friendly language but I confess I was never really happy with it. THEN I see this on Pinterest (of course)! 


I can adapt this for my rubrics next year.
click to go to the original blog post

Eureka! I knew I had found the language I wanted to use this year. All I needed was to put it into a format that will fit my classroom. I ended up doing two things with it - I made full page signs for each level to place on my teaching board, and I turned it into bookmarks so kids can have their own copy for their folders or journals. My room is going to match our school - wide theme of "Wild About Learning" so I went with my zebra stripe borders.





Clicking the picture will take you to the download of the self-assessment signs. If you have never turned a PDF file into a bookmark it's very simple. When you click "print" you will have some options. Choose the pages to print (in this file it would be 3-6), choose multiple, set it to 3 x 4 and choose the orientation (for these I printed landscape). I printed 3 copies, cut and paste, and ended up with the page that I can just color copy onto card stock.

Enjoy!







8 comments

  1. Wow, this is awesome! Thank you so much!!!

    :) Nicole
    Tadpole Tidbits
    www.mrscorbitt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in love with that poster and plan on using something like it too!! Hooray for Pinterest!

    Amanda
    The Teaching Thief
    Fiction Friday: A Celebration of Children’s Literature

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea!
    ~April
    The Idea Backpack
    ideabackpack@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea! You have so many wonderful ideas on your blog. I am so glad I found you. I am your newest follower. I would love for you to hop over and visit me when you get the chance. =)


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I have followed you back :)

      Julie
      Math is Elementary

      Delete
  5. What a great idea!! I love it! I found you on Manic Monday!
    Jennie
    JD's Rockin' Readers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great ideas! I am a new follower, too! Can't wait to see what you have to post about next!
    Jennifer
    kindertrips

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Julie! I love the hint about turning PDFs to bookmarks - who knew? :)

    Linda
    Primary Inspiration

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.