It's Monday July 23rd, and I Made It!

I love linking up with Tara's Monday Made it because it makes me actually complete projects. Just a couple things this week . . . anyone want to guess what these are for?!


I've written before about having quiet dice. This is the other part of that -- containers to drop your dice into so they don't go flying off the table! I saved a few of the plastic containers that frozen meals came in, cleaned them out, and made them a little cuter by gluing some felt to the bottom. I saw the zebra print felt at Walmart and knew it would be useful for something!

I like my Crystal Lite raspberry lemonade and never want to throw away the containers. I'm going to have some friendly competition going on between my table groups this year so I'm making 4 different containers for our Box Tops for Education collections. We'll see which table can bring in the most during a set period of time. Here's my zebra print; my other animal print duck tape is at school, so I have to pick it up this week to finish.


This is something I made last winter. It sits on my desk at home to keep sticky notes at hand. I found some cute animal print notes in the Target dollar spot this week which will be perfect for the classroom. 

All you need is an acrylic picture frame -- any size you want -- a little bit of scrapbook paper and  the sticky notes. If you take off the back of the note pad it will stick to the frame. You can embellish as much as you want. Here is what I'm going to keep at the table where I do my small group instruction during math class:


By the way, these make great gifts, too!



17 comments

  1. I love all three of your projects-so cute! I might need to borrow those ideas. Thanks so much for sharing!!!

    :) Nicole
    Tadpole Tidbits
    www.mrscorbitt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all looks great!
    ~April
    The Idea Backpack
    ideabackpack@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the sticky note frame! Great idea!

    Brandi
    Success in Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your quiet dice containers. Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your ideas! I like the quiet dice containers. Thanks for sharing!

    Krista
    stellar-students

    ReplyDelete
  6. The dice containers are brilliant! Another one of those "Why didn't I think of that!?" moment. I'm so glad you shared. I've used felt in the past, but that doesn't keep the dice on the desk. And you know they toss them extra far for fun. :) Pinning!!

    Amanda
    The Teaching Thief
    P.S. Raspberry lemonade is my favorite flavor too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love, LOVE your ideas! I'm your newest follower!

    Cynthia
    2nd Grade Pad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cynthia. I am now following you, too!

      Julie
      Math is Elementary

      Delete
  8. i love the print and the idea..thanks for sharing your blog is so cute ...im your newest follower...you should drop by...i see your getting close to 100 followers..yay...id love to help donate and be apart of your giveaway =) let me know

    Just Wild About Teaching

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have a little giveaway I'm going to do when my fan page gets to 50, and then for 150 followers on my blog. I saved your comment and will be in touch.

      Julie
      Math is Elementary

      Delete
  9. I love quiet dice! We always roll ours on a small piece of felt, but yours are MUCH cuter!

    Just found your blog :)
    T.G.I.F. (Thank God it's First Grade!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the idea for the quiet dice! Now to remember to save those containers! Thanks for sharing.

    Cheryl
    Spotted Around the School

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is an awesome project!! LOVE!
    ☼ Kate
    To The Square Inch

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your ideas!! The post-it notes to have on hand are great! I am your newest follower:)
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I just followed your blog too! I love the pretty stool!

      Julie
      Math is Elementary

      Delete
  13. Love the sticky holders! These are definitely on my to do list!

    Sherri

    Books, Blocks and Baskets

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love those little sticky note holders!! Not that I need to add another craft to my "want to make it list" but they are just too cute!! I am your newest follower :)
    Gina
    Third Grade Tidbits

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.