Friday Means Fiction!


Woo-hoo! Time to link up another great fiction find, which for me means another of this year's Sunshine State award winning books. This week I want to share this one:



Tuesdays at the Castle by Jessica Day George is a 5th grade level book so I had left it for last on my reading list since I teach 3rd. Of course, I fell in love with the story and went ahead and created a booklet for it. It's one that I will read-aloud to make it accessible to my kids. 

Tuesday is special at Castle Glower. On Tuesdays, it does wonderful things like inventing new rooms, moving things around, even deleting rooms! Princess Celie, the youngest of four siblings is working on mapping the castle, and it's a good thing! Life gets pretty complicated when her parents and oldest brother are ambushed and declared dead. Celie, her sister Lilah, and her heir-to-the-throne brother Prince Rolf must save the Castle and the Kingdom. Fortunately, the Castle loves Celie!

Just click the castle to get your copy of my booklet.


Enjoy!


3 comments

  1. You are the second reviewer and lover of this book, so it MUST be good! I already have it on my Amazon wishlist. It sounds like a fun read aloud with lots of extension possibilities. Thanks for linking up and sharing your wonderful thoughts!!

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book looks great and so does your freebie.:)
    Kristin
    iTeach 1:1

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read this book this week too! Thanks so much for the freebie!!!

    :) Nicole
    Tadpole Tidbits
    www.mrscorbitt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.