Monday, July 2, 2012

DIY: Monday Made It

This week's project:



When I saw the DIY blotter here, I knew I'd be making one for myself. For mine I used a foam board and a roll of contact paper from the Dollar Tree. Didn't quite get all the air bubbles out yet, but I'm working on it!


We always get desk calendars when we go back to school in August, so I plan to slide that right on to my blotter. With it's cardboard backing those last few pesky air bubbles won't be a problem anyway! I do plan to add some black ribbon to the elastic as soon as I find my stash!









9 comments:

  1. That turned out awesome Julie! Love the colors:) Thanks for linking up:) I had to laugh about the "as soon as you find your ribbon..." That's totally me!! I have stuff everywhere!!!! Yikes:)

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! I love the zebra contact paper! You found it at Dollar Tree?!?!
    Nicole
    Rowdy in Room 300

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The zebra print on the edge is duck tape from Walmart - the background is the contact paper. I have found cute animal print duck tape at $ Tree, but the rolls are very small :)

      Julie

      Delete
  3. That came out great. Walmart and Dollar Tree are two are my go-to stores.
    ✰ Stacy

    Simpson Superstars

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like that, I am going to make me one. Thanks for sharing.

    Jill
    Bubbalulu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I awarded you with the Versatile Blogger Award! Check it out!

    http://mrscaricosclass.blogspot.com/2012/07/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sara! It is an honor. Do you know where to get the code?

      Julie

      Delete
  6. What a great idea for a craft! I have never seen one of these before. Thanks for sharing! I am giving away a $20 TPT gift certificate. Come visit and enter to win! :)

    Delighted in Second

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover